I. Policy Statement
II. Categories of Personal Information Starfintex Collects
Starfintex collects Personal Information about our customers from the following sources:
- Account Application Forms and other documents and data submitted by customers, such as customer name, residential address, government issued ID numbers (such as social security numbers), date of birth, employment information, investment experience, annual income, and estimated net worth;
- Customer Transactions with Starfintex such as account deposits and withdrawals that require customers to provide bank account information;
- Consumer Reports and other information Starfintex receives from third party agencies;
- Communications with Starfintex customer service representatives; and
- “Cookies” described in section “X” or “10” below.
Starfintex will not collect more Personal Information than is required to open and operate customers’ accounts, and to comply with regulatory obligations.
III. How Starfintex Uses Customer Personal Information
Starfintex may use Personal Information as necessary to:
- positively identify and determine eligibility of customers opening accounts;
- evaluate whether currency trading is suitable for each customer;
- complete bank deposits and withdrawals, effect, administer or enforce transactions requested or authorized by the customer,
- and maintain or service the customer’s account with Starfintex.
Personal Information collected online may be combined with other information customers provide to Starfintex in hard copy or through the Starfintex help desk. Starfintex will not use or disclose or sell, rent or lease any Personal Information about its customers or former customers to any third parties except as stated in this Policy. Personal Information may be transferred across national borders for the purposes of data consolidation, storage and customer data management.
IV. Disclosure of Customer Personal Information
Starfintex may disclose Personal Information of current and former customers to affiliated and non-affiliated third party entities in the following cases:
- to Starfintex’s business partners that perform services on Starfintex’s behalf under written agreements which restrict use of Personal Information to the limited purposes for which it is provided to them and
- to refrain from further use or disclosure except as permitted by law;
- in the ordinary course of business to Starfintex’s attorneys, accountants and auditors;
- to persons holding a legal or beneficial interest relating to the customer’s account;
- to persons acting in a fiduciary, representative, or attorney capacity in relation to an account;
- to protect against actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability;
- to government, regulatory or law enforcement agencies to the extent permitted or required by law, or to comply with applicable legal requirements; or
- to comply with civil, criminal or regulatory investigations, or judicial process, subpoena, summons or warrant by federal, state or local authorities.
V. Permission to Disclose Personal Information
VI. Procedures to Safeguard Personal Information
Starfintex has implemented procedures to safeguard customer Personal Information. Starfintex restricts access to Personal Information to those Starfintex employees who need to know that information in order to provide our products or services to them. Starfintex maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to safeguard Personal Information. Starfintex protects customer account information by keeping it on the secure portion of its website, using firewalls and other security technology to protect its network and systems from external attacks, and by requiring customers to enter a unique user ID and password to access the fxTrade and fxTrade Practice systems. Starfintex conducts periodic internal audits of its business practices and procedures, examining its confidentiality standards and information access, in order to best protect our customers’ Personal Information.
VII. Retention of Personal Information
Starfintex only keeps Personal Information on file for as long as it is required to provide customers with products and services, and to meet legal requirements. When Starfintex no longer needs the Personal Information, it is either destroyed or made anonymous.
Starfintex attempts to ensure the accuracy of the Personal Information collected. Starfintex records the dates when Personal Information was obtained from customers and will periodically ask customers to review the Personal Information Starfintex has on file and to update any Personal Information that may have changed.
IX. Customer Recourse
Any concerns a customer may have regarding Starfintex’s privacy practices or specific complaints about how customer Personal Information has been collected, used or disclosed should be forwarded in writing to Starfintex’s Privacy Officer. Starfintex will thoroughly investigate the complaint and will take whatever actions are warranted and notify the customer once this has been done.
XI. Links to websites not hosted by Starfintex
XII. Sharing Information with Our Affiliates
Starfintex may share personal information described above with Starfintex’s affiliates for business purposes, such as, but not limited to, servicing customer accounts and informing customers about new products and services. Starfintex’s affiliates may include companies controlled or owned by us. The information we share with affiliates may include any of the information described above, such as your name, address, trading and account information. Starfintex’s affiliates maintain the privacy of your information to the same extent Starfintex does in accordance with this Policy.
XIV. Contact Us
Email: [email protected]
25208 Oak Street
Lomita, CA 90717